Property Tax Information
Payment of Taxes
Payments must be received or postmarked on or before June 28 to avoid penalty charges.
Late penalty charges are as follows:
6% of current levy July 1, 2013
6% of current levy August 1, 2013
12% of total owing March 1, 2014
The options for paying property taxes are:
• By mail; 9613-100 St., Morinville, Alberta T8R 1L9
• At the County Centre; cash, cheque or debit card only.Monday to Friday during business hours, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• At the County Centre through the mail slot; cheque only.Non-business hours, weekends and holidays.
• At most chartered banks, trust companies, credit unions and caisse populaire.
• Via Telephone/Internet Banking through most major banks.
• Tax Installment Program (see below) for future years only.
Send tax bill remittance portion with your payment.
• Make your cheque payable to Sturgeon County.
• Your cancelled cheque is your receipt.
Do not send cash through the mail.
• For your convenience a post dated cheque is acceptable.
Interested in joining the payment plan? Please visit the brochures page to obtain information about T.I.P.P.
For more information about your tax notice or property assessment, please contact 780-939-4321 or toll free at 1-866-939-9303.